This training is an interactive, informative programme designed to improve your results in intercultural communication and influencing.
You will get insight into the research results of Dr Geert Hofstede and how the 6-Dimensions model explains differences in cultures, conflicts and frictions, and affects performance and communication when people from different cultures work together.
You will also get a personal test result from the Culture Compass on how differences come out and how they can be overcome.
This new and exclusive programme uses the cultural differences between people from different countries and organisations as a basis. More specifically, we zoom in on how to best live and work in the Netherlands, as well as the research done on cultures globally.
This programme is a must for anyone working in a multicultural environment who wants to understand what it is, and is particularly interesting for:
- Leaders, Project Managers and Change Managers in multi-cultural work environments
- HR leaders and professionals from organisations with multi-cultural professionals
- Professionals who work in teams and projects involving colleagues from various different cultures.
Trainer Peter Koijen is an Associate Partner of Hofstede Insights
- Understanding what causes conflicts, frictions and poor performance between people from various cultures
- Learning about surprising perspectives from various cultures on each other
- Getting a grip on your strengths and weaknesses, and where culture ends and personality starts
- Improving communication and influencing in a multicultural environment
- Understanding the 6 dimensions of Hofstede
- Comprehending different cultures and values
- Getting to know the relationship between national cultures, organisational cultures and personality
- Achieving better results in work, projects and private situations
- Getting a personal insight into your own communication style in relation to the cultures of your interest
- High quality personal and professional development
Maximum number of participants:
- Understanding motives of you and various cultures and the necessity for change
- Understanding the 6-D model of Hofstede and the research results covering the 6 dimensions: Power Distance Index, Individualism Index, Masculinity/Femininity, Uncertainty Avoidance Index, Long Term Orientation Index and Indulgence versus Restraint index.
- Stories on cultural differences and successes
- How can you become aware of the values and differences in preferences in cultures
- How to adapt in communication and leadership towards the cultures of your interest
- Cultural differences and similarities in various cultures including clusters of cultures
- The link with personality types and cultures
- Exercises and case studies
- How to influence and communicate in a multicultural environment
- Key success factors in cultural performance, in life and business
- Creating different perspectives in culture
- Values and culture and how people act and react
- Cultural games and experiences for learning
- Best practices in cultural communication
Dates & Times:
Thursday 31 October and Friday 01 November 2019 from 9.00 till 17.30
Language & Location:
Training course in English, in Amsterdam
- Coffee/tea/water, fruit and healthy snacks;
- Training material;
- Customised Exercises and coaching during the training.
Demand for these courses is very high and places are limited to ensure maximum interaction.